Lab News & Press Coverage:
- A paper coauthored with researchers in Florida on the reproduction of the Oustalet's Chameleon (Furcifer oustaleti) in its introduced range in Florida was published in Southeastern Naturalist!
- A Natural History Note writen by myself, Anne-Claire Fabre and Anthony Herrel on an unusually colored specimen of Anolis roquet observed during field work in Martinique was published in Herpetological Review!
- I've just moved in to my office at the University of South Dakota and am in the process of starting my new lab!
- Our KY NSF EPSCoR grant to examine vibrational communication in chameleons with collegues at WKU has been funded!
- I presented results of research comparing the muscle contractile physiology of locomotor and feeding muscles at the Society of Experimental Biology meeting in Brighton, United Kingdom!
- I've accepted an Assistant Professor position in the Department of Biology at the University of South Dakota starting in the Fall of 2016!
- My new paper on the scaling of chameleon feeding performance was published in Scientific Reports and has received media attention from over 240 news outlets worldwide, including the New York Times, Washington Post, Los Angeles Times, National Geographic, NewsWeek, Science (AAAS), and IFLScience!
- I presented results of research comparing the muscle contractile physiology of locomotor and feeding muscles, and my undergraduate student, Noel Park, presented results of research comparing muscle twitch times and gait dynamics in Anolis lizards at the Society for Integrative and Comparative Biology meeting in Portland, Oregon!
- National Geographic Magazine interviewed me for an article on chameleons. This article was published in the September print issue of the magazine and was featured online. The online article also included a video on chameleons that I narrate and appear in.
The article can be read online here: http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2015/09/chameleons/edmonds-text
The video can be viewed here: http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2015/09/chameleons/colors-video
- I presented results of research examining the effect of body size on chameleon tongue projection performance at the Society for Integrative and Comparative Biology meeting in West Palm Beach, Florida, and the findings were covered by Nature World News and Science News!
November & December 2014
- The IUCN/SSC Chameleon Specialist Group's fundraising efforts to look for Chapman's Pygmy Chameleon (Rhampholeon chapmanorum), which hasn't been seen in over 15 years and appears to be the most range restricted chameleon on earth, was covered by The Independent, The Guardian, and Mongabay.com!
- Chris is interviewed by Mongabay.com on the current conservation status of the world's chameleons stemming from newly released IUCN Red List data, which the IUCN/SSC Chameleon Specialist Group helped update!
- My new paper on the effect of temperature on elastic-powered tongue projection in chameleons was published in PNAS and has received media attention from over 30 news outlets worldwide, including the BBC, NPR, Scientific American, Discover Magazine and CBS' "The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson"!
News & Press
© 2009 Christopher V. Anderson